Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, January 28, 2019

(19:54 UTC-5)
(+1*F....feels like: -16*F....cloudy winds: 11 mph)
(Now Playing: the current "My Mix" off Youtube (link))
   Now normally (if anything about me can truly be called normal) I would not have walked today....but the forecast is for the temperature to raise over night and up to another 12" of snow (on top of the 3 feet plus we already have on the ground....and snow on and  off from Tuesday to Thursday with a possible accumulation of 3 feet of snow....so the weather gave me 2 options....either walk today or wait until Friday or Saturday....because the long term forecast calls for warmer temperatures and rain Sunday through Tuesday next week....now as much as I dislike walking when the temperature is plus single digits w/ a minus "feels like".....I know from many years of living in the Northcountry of NYS how to dress for it....and I handle that better than I handle walking in heavy snow conditions....the sidewalks are often unusable....it's hard for peeps to keep up with the accumulation....and it would force me to "take it to the street:...one of the busier in the small city I live in....and with the poor visibility....I'm afraid I might end up as a "hood ornament" on a SUV....so off i went when it was +4*F & a feels like of 10*F....and will look for a spot to walk Friday or Saturday as well....part of an important part of my current diet is fresh fruit and veggies....I have enough in my "winter pantry" of canned and package food for 2 to 3 weeks....but I'm a grumpy, gimpy stubborn, old codger, who's stuck in his ways....and I want what I want....and I'd miss the fresh fruit and veggies....  

No comments:

Post a Comment