Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, September 7, 2018

(13:19 UTC-4)
(+72*F...sunny)
(Now Playing: "NCIS" re-runs on USA network)
   It's a nice day today....my kind of weather....but a few things probably will mean that I probably won't walk today.....firstly I really don't have any needs which would require a visit to the stories...because I live in an area that can be quite cold in the winter and/or get heavy snowfall....I live in a "lake effect snow" zone (link)....during the "Blizzard of '77"....we got over 170' of snow in 8 days, and over 275" for the winter....and in the early 70's there was a day with a low temperature of -55*F...55 mph winds..windchill in excess of -100*F.....starting this time of years we tend to stock a supply of non-perishable goods....checked my larder and with what I've been picking up and what is left from last winter I have a few weeks of food if I can't get out either because of the weather, or the difficulty of getting around in ice and snow, I walk with a cane, and have some balance issues.....secondly.......the TV this week has been pretty thin when it comes to anything I would watch.....and the USA network is showing 12 episodes of NCIS back to back.....may not watch the last couple...new shows.....I just can't get into the new, replacement cast.....and thirdly.....I'm feeling a little more gimpy today that what has become the new normal....so I think I'll just do some surfing the net, and watch me some NCIS.....

No comments:

Post a Comment