Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

(14:31 UTC-4)
(+90*F....sunny.....heat index +98*F)
(now playing: "Sink the Bismarck"(link)
   It's just dang hot today....I walked earlier when it wasn't quite as hot as it is now.....the heat index is predicted to reach +100*F by late afternoon.....but (knock wood) the forecast is for thunder storms and rain over night until tomorrow morning bringing cooler weather, mid-70s......which will be welcome......until then there is my AC....cold drinks.....and if worse comes to worst....a cold shower....
   Well the peeps who select program and schedule daily programming on the 60 some odd channels I get have out done themselves today.....there is squat, zilch, nada, zero, nothing, and slim & none and slim just left town.....now there are days when they have gotten close to absolute zero before, but they have out did themselves today.......should be thankful that there is still YouTube.....and my 100s of bookmarks of music, movies, and old TV shows.....
   I was shopping this morning at Ollie's.....wanted to get somethings to add to my own concoction that where I live is known as gorp or as it is more commonly known, trail mix, I've never found a store bought one that I really like.....although the actually mix may change either out of necessity, or whim...but it's always nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and M&Ms......so was lurking in the candy aisle, a bag of peanut M&Ms.....a bag of cashews.....was going to get a can of butter cookies (no not for the gorp) and a bag caught my eye...Horehound candies......forgot all about the butter cookies....well I get them the next time....if I'm not distracted again.......but back to the Horehound candies....the farmers where I grew up usually would have a bag in a pocket of the bib overalls they wore....and were the chosen cure for sore throats and colds,,,,,but although similar packaging and printing to what I remember......the words...."fat free" and "gluten free" were never on the original package......
   I have at the moment 3 blogs....two of which, this one and "Trollie's Game Room" which I post to every day......and "Trollie's Game Room" more then once and I tack on to the existing day's post.....and if I'm not paying attention and don't select the right blog on my "dashboard"  I get the wrong post on the wrong board.....dummkoph.....
   I see from the fact that I'm at the bottom of the page in the word program I write my posts with....ah another novella.......time to stop.....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment