Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, September 28, 2018

(22:16 UTC-4)
(+61*F....cloudy)
(Brahms: "A German Requiem" (link)
    It's late, got involved on a Facebook group I follow and was ready to go to bed, and realized I hadn't posted today....did walk briefly....needed a few things from Aldi....but have spent most of the day online....
    First attempt at making liquid eggs in a microwave....I have a small, oven/microwave safe dish about 4" square, poured about a 1/4 of an inch of the liquid into the dish, a dash of pink sea salt, black pepper (freshly ground), and some cubes of a extra sharp white cheddar cheese, and cooked it for 1 minute....still a little runny, so cooked for an additional 30 seconds....very nice fluffy eggs...next time maybe I'll add some chopped onion, or some spice, or....whatever my mood at the time might think of....one thing I will do different is to butter or oil the dish before adding the liquid egg, et al, it did stick just a little, but a good soaking in hot water took care of that....but first try was a success, and many more to come....but since the directions state that once open product should be used in 7 days....so think I'll stick to the pint size container....it might be noted that I tend to be a little finicky when it comes to salt and pepper, and for that matter spices, and the ingredients that I use....but that's just me....  

No comments:

Post a Comment