Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, September 13, 2020

*[16:18 UTC-4]
*[+66*F_cloudy_winds:s/s/w@14_humidity:90%_barometer:29.87"\/_Tonight's Lo:+54*F]*[some light showers possible around 05:00 tomorrow]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]*
   It didn't rain near as much as predicted but it has been throughout a very damp..dreary day..humid day..a day on which I really had originally  no intention to walk but with the "fun" 1 had yesterday trying to get my new debit card activated..[see below post]..decided to go to the ATM and check it out..if I had understood the "canned" voice correctly..I didn't need to re-enter my pin unless I wanted to change it.."Well Wilbur"..[in the voice of "Ed" the talking horse]..seems I was mistake..misinformed..or..??..because I got "invalid pin"..oy vey..no big deal really didn't need to get my "10 day walking around money" for a couple of days..but wanted to check whether all was well..which it obviously ain't..so will go to the bank tomorrow and get it straightened out..did I every mention how much I hate dealing with the now ever present automated world..and preferred it when I could deal with a living..breathing human being..if I haven't I have how....
   Today is the 1st Sunday of American style professional football..several games on the old boob tube..of which I have nor watched any..used to enjoy the game in years past..but of late the explosion of celebrating after almost any halfway decent play has kinda soured me on it..and now the game or at least the commentary sounding it has become politicized..and a forum for political and social issues..now I understand it's an election year here in the USA..and the players certainly have a right to their opinions..but it shouldn't be during the game..let them speak on their own time as it were..let's keep the game a game..not a bully pulpit..well that's just my 2 cents..but I have no intention of watching any of it until order is restored..[end rant]....
   With all of my live games/sims & solitaire games in working order things have returned to as near as normal as possible..and have spent save for my trip to the bank a quite pleasant day..just a few more "winkles to iron out" and to bed..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment