Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, September 19, 2020

*[17:45 UTC-4]*[+55*F_sunny_winds:north@6 mph_humidity:36%_barometer:30.39"\/_- overnight Lo:+37*F_we are under another frost warning for overnight tonight]*[Telemann]*]*

   One of the first things I do every morning after taking awaiting chip drops on the live games I play and checking on on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..is to get ready for my initial posting to "Trollie's Game Room"..and as I do here I always post the current weather for the Northcountry of NYS where I reside & decided what music I'll listen to while writing the post..a habit I picked up in college to drowned out the hubbub that is always present in college dorm/houses..when I checked the weather this AM just after 04:30 the local temperature was a "balmy" +31*F..so I looked outside and there was light dusting of ice crystals on the grass..just a light frost but a frost none the less..and although the forecast for overnight toning doesn't predict a temperature quite that low the breeze will be out of the north so it would not surprise me to see another dusting of frost tomorrow morning as well..I say bring it on..I've mentioned before that Fall/Autumn is my favorite season..and I enjoy the color of the fall leaves..however I never enjoyed the raking of the aforementioned leaves..but since I reside in a hotel that job is no longer my responsibility..speaking of responsibility..it reminds me of the old joke..this guy was interviewing for a new job..when asked if he was responsible..he replied "I must be"..when asked why he replied "every time something went wrong at my last job they said I was responsible"..../....Decided I'd take a walk around my favorite loop and have a sit-down at the benches at the corner of Arsenal St & Western Blvd..but since the convenience store is just a short walk on the far side of Western Blvd. and although I was a day or two early..decided to take the walk and get a roll  of chew..and when getting ready decided to wear a lined flannel shirt that I wear in cooler weather..had not worn it since March or April..and discovered in the left breast pocket..a pair of readers that I had "lost" those months ago..oy vey..when they came up missing I never thought to check there..just assumed I'd left them somewhere "dummkopf" ..../....just a few more things to do..last drops on the live games for the day..posting "Day's End" results to "Trollie's Game Room" and a last check in on the "Farthest Side"..and a snack is on thee horizon..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment