Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

*[17:09 UTC-4]*[+57*F_rain_winds:south@5_humidity:88%_barometer:29.8-"\/_overnight lo:49*F][rain predicted to continue through early afternoon on Friday]*[*[Tonight on MadTrollie*[VOCES8]*..VOCES8 is an acappella group based in the United Kingdom..the octet is made up of 2 sopranos..1 alto..1 countertenor singing the alto part..2 baritones & 2 basses..the sing a wide range of styles and periods of music..and I find them most enjoyable....as I re-read this i realized that the term countertenor may not be familiar so some..it's when a male singer usual a tenor or baritone with use of a falsetto..sings in the alto range..when I still had my voice I could use a falsetto to sing in the soprano range..but I was only a mezzo.....

   It's been raining on & off all day and based on the most recent forecast the first really break in the rain won't be until Friday afternoon..so look like another couple of days that I'll spend in my "fortress of solitude"..not that I mind..awoke a little later that normal and my joints have been a little sorer and stiffer than/usual..but that's not surprising after dealing with the problem(s) some for over 50 years..I've had chronic tendonitis in both knees since a wrestling injury when I was 15 years old..and am therefor well aware of the effects that damp weather and falling barometric pressure have on my joints..so I've been gimping around most of the day....[a slight pause while on take some chip drops from the three free "live: games I play]....so have spent may day online with only a couple of walks once to the lobby this afternoon for my afternoon cup of toffee coffee and earlier to check to see being that today was a Tuesday to check with housekeeping to see about what time the would arrive to clean my rooms  and bring me fresh linens..so that I won't could plan to be offline when they came..as it turned out I had all but the timed drops and "Day's End" done and was watching an episode of "Rizzoli & Isles" when they came..../....Still have a few tasks to complete and I think another long hot shower to appease my stiff..sore joints is in order..a snack and maybe a little more "Rizzoli & Isles" before I take my leave of the day and take my rest..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment