Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, September 7, 2020

*[16:44 UTC-4]
*[+79*F_fair_winds:southwest:14_humidity:47*F_barometer:29:84_Tonight's Lo:56*F]*[prediction is for rain beginning @20:00 continuing thru 01:00..scattered T-storms possible]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]*
   One of the pieces in "The Mix" tonight is "Wellington's Victory" by Beethoven..way back when I had a vinyl recording in stereo..the neat part was to listen to it with stereo headphones..you would hear the instruments representing the British in one ear and those representing the French in the other and the main orchestra in both..neat effect....
   Every time I look at the weather forecast today it's changed..at once point the rain was predicted to start @13:00 thru 03:00..I hesitate to look again..because a blizzard might be predicted next..on the other hand..except for curiosity I really didn't care because I had no reason to venture out more then a walk around the grounds here so for all I cared they could have been predicting the zombie apocalypse...ah the walk..just up to the lobby and back for my afternoon toffee coffee..by the parking lot..well when I got back to my rooms I realized that some dummkopf had forgotten to take his wallet & therefore didn't have his room key-card..oy vey..so back up to the lobby to get a new one..[by way of the hall]..back to the room..key-card wouldn't work..oy vey..so back up to the lobby..got 2 this time..back to the rooms and this time they worked..well my dad was always fond of saying "if you don't have it in you head.,you must have it in your feet"..but I think he meant it figuratively..well today that adage played out way to literally for my liking..[the Mad-One just shakes his old grey head]....
   The live Poker game I play is still down..so have spent the day besides the other usual online games and  minding the "store" on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..have spent time wandering Youtube for new videos..found some good ones to add to several of my playlists....
   Assuming that it doesn't rain tomorrow a trip to Big Lots & Aldi has been penciled in..along with the usual daily routine..as/for today..another routine awaits..ergo..nite all....   

No comments:

Post a Comment