Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, September 3, 2020

*[17:27 UTC-4]*
*[+79*F_sunny_winds:s/s/w@11 mph_humidity:54%_barometer:29.69"\/_Overnight Lo:57*F]*
*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Wagner]*]*
   A decent night's sleep and a pretty typical start to my online day..just after 04:00..and was pretty much done with both my sims & solitaire play and the major part of my postings to "Trollie's Game Room by just before 09:00..and decided that that was as good a time as any to take the walk over to Aldi..had a longer list than /usual..and remembered to take a pocket of change as well..apparently there is some sort of shortage in change available to businesses here so they ask if you can to pay in exact amount..or by credit or debit card [aka: a check card..draws money off your checking account]..now I don't have a credit card..and will never have one again if I can help it..past difficulties not of my doing..but I paid the "tab"..and would rather not use the debit card..therefore..just to be safe put 3 quarters..3 dimes..3 nickels & 5 pennies in my pocket..a tad of over kill but knew it would work..3 bananas..both red & green onions..a quart of liquid egg-whites..a package of nut bars..a bar of good german dark chocolate..3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..a 1/2 lb of irish butter..& a nice piece of a very nice sharp cheddar..had a nice chat with one of the managers..whose hubby used to work as the maintenance man at the hotel I live in..and now works for the city water department..she complained that she was having difficult breathing thru the mask when stocking shelves..and I had seen some of the clear plastic face shields at Ollie's the other day..and she said she'd have to check that out..and told her to say hello to her "worse half" for me..and this afternoon just the short walk to the lobby..by-way-of the parking lot & some fresh air for my afternoon cup of toffee coffee..have watched a little boob tube today..an episode of "Rizzoli & Isles"..a part of the movie "G.I.Jane" and probably catch part of the episodes of "Beat Bobby Flay" on the "Food Network"..
   Still just a couple of loose ends to tie up before as we said back in the day..I hit the hay..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment