Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

*[17:36 UTC-4]
*[+62*F_fair_winds:southwest@7_humidity:48%_barometer:30.22"\/_Overnight Lo:+54*F]....
*[Now Playing om MadTrollie*[Doo-Wop]*]*
   I guess some explanation may be prudent for the term ["Doo-Wop"]..it was style of music popular in the USA in the '50s & early '60s..and it's the pop music of my childhood..I was born in 1947 & entered the 7th grade in the fall of '61..and I've always enjoyed it..now I had included a couple of the Doo-Wop classics in my "Pop" playlist but after my wanderings around Youtube..found several recordings from that period and decided that they deserved a playlist of their own..and started it today..I'm sure more tunes and collections will be added in the coming days....
   When I was checking the weather this morning before my postings to "Trollie's Game Room"..the temperature at about 04:30 was +39*F..and when I walked to Aldi just after 09:00 the temperature had "warmed" all the way up to +48*F..I have mentioned before that Fall weather comes early here..and Winter can't be far behind..at Aldi got bananas..fruit flavored sparkling water..butter..green onions..both black & kalamata olives..and instead of the usual rolls decided to get plain bagels..I have some smoked salmon..and what better thing to go with smoked salmon than a bagel..besides will work with my usual selection of cold cuts....
   Had everything for the day done buy 14:00 and decided to get my afternoon cup of toffee coffee..with a twist..no didn't add lemon..took a walk around my loop..out the back door..thru the plaza parking lot up Western Blvd...a sit-down at the seating area at the intersection with Arsenal..then back by Arsenal..to the lobby..my cup of Joe and back to my rooms..oops forgot to mention when I walked this morning the walk lights on that crossing by Aldi were I have had many close calls with traffic were non-functional..thankfully the traffic was light & I got  there and back with no incidents..I do hope that the powers that be get them fixed quickly..otherwise there will be a problem..
   Time to consider the rest of the day..only a few tasks to complete..and I'm sure a snack will be one of those tasks..ergo..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment