Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, December 29, 2017

{9:25 AM UTC -5}
(best of Bernstein)
  It's -9*F as I write this post....it may get to all of +7*F this afternoon....when I tried to type Bernstein above my tremors took over and it came out "Beernstein"..or maybe it was my sub conscience using my inner puny powers...?......but anywho..oy vey..
(12:28 PM UTC -5)
(Vivaldi: Concertos for multiple instruments in another window)
  It's a heat wave.......temperature now +1*F......you may think that I have developed an obsession with the weather...I deny that......well maybe a little obsessed with it.....
  Before I found Facebook, I posted to G+ quite often.....spent some time today getting rid of some of the communities II never post to anymore, but did add a few I want to check out
  Not much going on......nothing planned for the New Year's Weekend......years ago I played a lot of the card game "Rook"....friends.of mine would have a group over and we would play Rook on New Year's Eve.....sometimes to breakfast.....which reminds me when my daughter was just a kid...My dad and mom would come over almost every Thursday night to play Rook......but the funny thing about it.we had a mixed breed dog,......part Border Collie and part Golden Retriever who loved my mom....or was it she loved the bones my mom would bring.....but we'd say to Taffy (the dog not my daughter)   "Grandma coming".....the dog would run from window to window watching for my mom......and when mom got there the dog would get so excited she'd lose bladder control......we debated for years whether the dog just loved my mom or was it the bones she'd bring .......
(1:14 PM UTC -5)
(Bernstein: Overture to Candide playing)
  Our High School band tried to Play an arrangement of the Overture for band.....wild french horn part which the second horn and I practiced extra time to get and we got it......then the music disappeared from the folder.....when we asked why.Mr.A said "the clarinets could get their parts" so as revenge we figured out where to aim the sound of 5 horns so that it would bounce off the floor under the last clarinetist......I don't think he could hear himself think, let alone hear what he was trying to play
(20:48 PM UTC -5)
(The best of Segovia now playing)
   'Tis time to wrap this up for the day...current temperature here....-15*F,,,,,,,and the wind chill of -29*F.....it's early...but I think it's time for me too tuck myself into a warm bed.....nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment