Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

 When I awoke this morning, I rolled over and looked at the clock......it is in actuality an alarm clock..but being retired I never use it for that purpose.....If I must be somewhere at a set time I use one of the perks of living where I do, .and schedule a wake-up call......back to where I was.provided that I can find it.......so the clock was reading 7:58 AM......and as I was thinking.....let's roll over and catch 40 more winks......it dawned on me that it was Tuesday and a little after 8:15 or so housekeeping comes in for the weekly cleaning of my rooms.....fresh linens....et al.....so I let Ms.B know that i was up and grabbed a bagel from the free breakfast which I ate later.....I can not even tolerate the sight of food, much less eat food for at least 2 hours after i get up in the morning.......I never was a morning person and retirement has made it even worse.....
 So awhile later I had my bagel.on 1 half finished the egg salad I had make, the other half some nice orange marmalade......did my morning run through my desk top.....checked emails.....my blogger stats....check my YouTube home....and then FaceBook.......and finally a folder on my bookmark bar that contains the schedules for the TV channels I watch...discovered that HBO was showing "Captain and Commander"....never had seen it start to finish..only bits and pieces while I was channel hopping.....and it's set in a period of history which I have some interest.....decent...but doubt I would watch it again......
  Now one of the things I find in my emails every morning.....usually shows up between 8AM EST and 8AM EST is local weather conditions for the day...and the occasional national weather alerts for the area.......and this AM there was an alert.......from Wednesday at 7PM EST until Friday at 10AM EST this area is under a lake effect snow warning.......possibly 10" to 18" of snow..  so let the winter games begin
  I'm off ( many would say I've been a tad off for years) and check my blog layout......and perhaps to tinker with it...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment