Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 17, 2017

( The Best of Wagner"........okay I know it's a repeat  but it fits my mood tonight )
  I took one of those crazy quizzes yesterday this one was applicable only to Americans."Are you a Republican or a Democrat" .....truth be told I've never been either......For many years I was registered in The New York State Conservation party, was a ward committeemen for many years.and served for about a year and a half on the County Executive Committee but got very frustrated with the other members save one the rest where one issue oriented...regardless of the lack of qualifications if a person came before us for are endorsement if that person was Pro-Life he or she got the nod over another who was highly qualified but was Pro-Choice......I got so frustrated at one particular decision bothered me so much I questioned why I was wasting my time with it......the answer was no...so I resign...( as aside I voted several times for the candidate that the committee rejected....they were the best qualified and it was for an office which didn't deal with that issue)
  On all personal issues I am very conservative.....on the topic of Faith....the Bible.......fiscal issues..and what I personally believe......if you ask me if I'm Pro-Life or Pro-choice..personally I'm Pro-Life and I don't agree with same sex marriages......But I also believe that I don't have the right to tell you what to believe.......I don't have the right to seek legislation to prevent you from following you own beliefs and your right to chose for yourself on social issues.....
  After  a while I changed my registration to independent...and I vote as I chose...( but of course I always did I just didn't want to be associated with the one issue concept).......truth is the last candidate I worked for was a Democrat .......but what really gets my dander up is the religious right....who feel they have the right to legislate morality....with their  own congregation yes they do..but for those outside their group.....IMHO they don't......I believe that the teachings from the pulpit should be the gospel.....not politics..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment