Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

  The wind is quite brisk this AM.......and starting this evening we have about 2 and a half days of potential snow coming are way...I say potential because I live in an area which gets from time to time "lake effect snow" ( I live a few miles from the east end of Lake Ontario ).........the lake effect snow tends to come in fairly narrow bands.....general from the west......so if your in a band it can snow as much as a foot or more an hour.....but outside the band of snow there maybe only a trace of snow...very hard to predict where and how much......but then as an old friend often said "Weather men are the only ones who get paid for being right only 25% of the time"
  I am conducting a little experiment......on one of my email accounts I have selected to  receive "Breaking News Alerts" from 3 different sources:
    1) CNN (definitely a liberal biases )
    2) Fox News (definitely a conservative biases )
    3 NPR (National Public Radio...(usually quite neutral but can slide slightly to one side or the other from time to time)
  So far have reached no conclusions......but have found that both CNN and Fox tend to put a spin towards their particular point of view, even when it's called "Breaking News"......and I expected that.....some times one will run an alert but the other won't......(?).......besides by reading both I can usually discern the true gist of a story......
   We who  live in the USA at least are living at a time when most people tend to have an "either or" mind set....as in something is either right or wrong...I on the other hand have the mind set of "both or neither but something in the middle of the 2 contrary opinions"
  I live by the adage "Don't tell me what to believe, but give me the tool so i can find out for myself what I believe, and if you don't teach me how, rather then what...then I'll teach myself"
(NOTE: the paragraph starting "We who live" has been edited...on a reread I realized that I knew what i wanted to say.....had just mucked it up a bit) 

No comments:

Post a Comment