Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

(Beethoven's "Christ on the Mount of Olives" can be heard playing softly in the back ground)
  I always used to write with classical music on...in the old days it was a LP, then a cassette tape, then a CD..now it's a piece steaming from YouTube......but as to the piece tonight although I'm listening to the whole oratorio several years ago I had a CD with just the final chorus of the work....."the Hallelujah" quite  different from the Handel Hallelujah.but beautiful in it's own right.....at the time I had a budgie that loved the piece.....as soon as the instrumental intro started she would do the "head bob", and once the choir began to sing she would sing along with it......terribly off key..but she had a good time with it
  Yesterday was my birthday...had a enjoyable meal with my sis and her hubby.....we stayed close because a snow storm was blowing quite hard......not that much snow....we have gotten just a couple more inches.....but the visibility was bad.....
  Have had a quiet day..finished off my meal from last night.....as I age I find that my appetite is not what it used to be, so more often then not I end up with what back in the day we called a "doggie  bag"....but I prefer to call it my "next meal bag"......when I get delivery......typically $20 (US)....gives me meals for 2 to 3 days......I tend to order delivery more during the winter months when it's some times difficult for me to get out.....and make the walk to the local food market......during the nice weather....I tend to only get delivery when I really want something that I can't make myself....... ( read "nice weather" to mean no snow to trudge through).

No comments:

Post a Comment