Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 28, 2017

(Now playing Beethoven's "Christ on the Mount of Olives")
(it is my intent to leave this in "draft" and add on during the day before publishing)
  I awoke this morning a tab farmisht (befuddled-Yiddish) so the fact that first meal include scrambled eggs was quite appropriate... I checked many Facebook account, and discovered an old friend's birthday was today......and I thought I had posted my greetings to her time line...but I actually posted it to my own......then had to tag her so she'd see it.......oy vey
  I posted to one of the G+ poetry groups.....and got some feed back.....I reread my last 3 poems, a set of Limericks...a tad risque....a kind of silly poem, and finally a serious one.....the more I think about it....I may be the ultimate definition of an Oxymoron....a contradiction in terms or at least in my thoughts...a combination of parts that should not ever be in the same mind.....but they are......coming forth from mind at any given minute can come forth a range of thoughts from the risque, to the silly, to the serious, and even occasionally the profound and everything in between, and in no particular order and I have little control over what and in what order ..........and at times unfortunately I have no built in filter.......so what I think in my mind comes out in the spoken or written word, for all to see.....lets just say I'm complicated.......
(listening to reruns of "Beat Bob Fray" on the boob tube)
  As a local weather update, it's a beautiful, sunny day, and it's the warmest it been today right now......it's +2*F....and it's predicted to be around -9*F tonight.....normally December is not that cold.....January is usually the cold month and February is the month we get the heaviest snow fall........several years back everyday in January it was below 0*F at least one time during the day..and for several days the temperature was never above 0*F..and at times the wind chill was in the range of -40*F.....back  in the early 70s we had a day when the temperature was -55*F with a wind chill in excess of -100*F.....obviously that day you stayed indoors.....frostbite and hypothermia......could set in in under a minute.........why do i chose to live here......I'm after all a little meshugeh (crazy-Yiddish)....
( now playing an episode of "Horatio Hornblower"
  It's high time that I post this post to bed as it were.......but a quiet day......but an enjoyable one no the less.....I will have it playing in another window at some point, I found on YouTube the Haydn horn concertos....
  I can't believe I'm saying this..HBO2 is showing the replays of "Game of Thrones" and I haven't watched them at all......seen all the episodes several times...just not in the  mood...
( it's almost a record, but I didn't mess with the layout today.....(knock wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment