Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

( Best of Faure playing in another window)
  Where to start today...have several things I'd like to put done here in 0's & 1's..so lets have at it
  1) Spent sometime yesterday messing with layout and theme......you didn't notice..well that's because all if nor all was done to my other blog "Troll's Poetry Corner"....massive redo....you can find the link wandering around in the column to the left.....which reminds me that I did add a couple of new links here....
  2) This AM I was doing my first run through of my email accounts ( will mention this later on) and when I went to YouTube I discovered a group.well it's not a group really...it's one guy who does four part acappella.......he apparently sings the four parts individually and then dubs them together.....boy I'm jealous........I am ( or was ) capable of doing that, always wanted to do it, but never got the chance......voice is pretty much toast....but can still hear the parts in my head but to continue my meandering  around YouTube, I of course subscribed to that page.....and got to wondering just how may subscriptions I have on my YouTube page....haven't counted in a while.....well the number is 103....boy I'm not into YouTube.......do you think.....mostly classical music, old movies/old TV shows......and some miscellaneous......that does include "Joan Jett and the Blackhearts" ( and yes spell check there are 2 T's in Jett and blackhearts is one word).....which reminds me next time on Youtube I must look to see if I can find any music by the band "Cheap Trick"
3) I enjoy the occasional solitaire game....so while checking my Facebook account.....they list a whole plethora of games and found a couple, although one of them Yahtzee does supply you with an online opponent
4) to get back to my e-mails....I get weather alerts every morning and the temperature was at my first look a little after 8AM (EST).....-9*F.......and also tucked in with my weather alerts was a "windchill warning" starting this evening running through mid-day tomorrow......wind chills are expected to be between.......-25*F & -35*F.......now that will put the frost on  your pumpkin........Obviously I will be staying in my rooms today and I'm quite glad and thankful that I chose to walk to the food market yesterday.....(Update at 10:30 PM (EST) temperature is -12*F and the wind chill is -27*F)
5) for many years I ran the shipping/receiving/warehousing department of a small local factory..and dealing with what winter threw at us to get the trucks in and out......I remember days when I was outside in wing chills in the range of -40*F......why......It was my job....I was well paid.....and I through years of experience knew how to dress for it.......but looking back on those days I realize I was a bit meshugener (crazy)....I didn't know spell check knew Yiddish....but I might have added it to it's dictionary at one point.......Reminds of an old line that describes me to a T...."They say the second thing you lose as you grow old is your memory......and for the life of me I can't remember what the first thing was.....
(because of the length of this post I may have to fiddle with the layout)
(that was an easy fix.....just changed the number of posts display)  

No comments:

Post a Comment