Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 3, 2017

  I awoke this AM with only one thought on my mind......cheese cake.......I needed cheese cake...but it was still pretty cold and checked the weather and it looked like it would warm up as the day progressed......so waited until it was in the high 30s*F..and went out for my grand quest for cheese cake.since this requires a walk to the local food mart...and decided to pickup a bottle of marinated artichokes while there..well I got to the market and I my path to the cheese cake I past by the deli and there calling out to me was prepacked Sopressata ( if you don't know what that is neither did spell check so you're in good company..it's a wonderful dry Italian salami ) now Sopressata usually sells for $4.99 for 4 ounces....but it was on the value card for $3.99 so it was in the cart.....
  The first thing I did when I got home was to quickly put an end to a slice of cheese cake.......and then I had some focaccia rolls ( spell check didn't know that word focaccia either, do you know where I can find a English spell check that also knows Italian?) the rolls are square, a little over 4 inches on a side........split in half long way in to a top and bottom......used one piece to create the hot open faced sandwich of my dreams........the roll, a little olive oil, some crushed garlic...some fresh grated Romano cheese, and slivered Sopressata...nuked for 1 minute......a meal fit for a trollie.....
  the base of the of the open face sandwiches never varies, roll, olive oil, garlic, and cheese..however the toppings do vary based on what I have on hand.......artichokes, olives, pepperoni,mushrooms..what ever is on hand.....also sometimes oregano, or red pepper flakes....  

No comments:

Post a Comment