Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

( the movie "Sink the Bismarck" is playing in another window)
  If this post ends up more disjointed and run-on sentences and phases that don't usually go together.it because for some reason or possible no reason at all I have the attention span today of a wild 3 year old...
  Today is that last day of Autumn, winter officially starts tomorrow at 11:28 AM EST or if you prefer -5 UTC........I used to have a UTC map in the header of this scarp pile I laughingly call my blog....
  The weather the last 2 days has been in the mid 30*F and raining.....with the exception of the piles where plowing was done the snow we had is gone......although it has  been forecast that we may get some light snow after midnight local time....
  This AM around 9:00AM  the temperature was 30*F with a wind chill of 20*F.thanks to a brisk wind coming out of the west (270*) and the outbound leg of my walk was dead in to the wind.....I joked with one of the store clerks that I needed a tiny woolen cap for my nose...I was fine otherwise.....maybe I should get one of those woolen  caps that you can pull down and just you eyes and mouth show.....nah....I'd probably be mistaken as a robber or the like and end up in the slammer..but on the inbound leg of my walk with the wind at my back....was actually a pleasant walk.....except for a little lingering ice..the sidewalks were clear
  Before I start expounding on who knows what I think I will bring this to a close.....

No comments:

Post a Comment