Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 21, 2017

( the works of Tallis in the background)
  Thomas Tallis ( in the only surviving signature his last name was spelled Tallys)  Little is known of him personally only his music survives.....it was liturgical in style and is in a style called polyphonic (link)...He composed during the 16th century..in England.....no picture of him is known....only an etching done 150 years later (?) 
  Started out a quiet day.......first meal, a cherry yogurt and a banana...ok I confess and 3 miniature candy bars..
  the front desk called that my sis was there and I had them send her down to my rooms......she had some Christmas gifts for me, as she and her hubby are heading to Syracuse airport tomorrow for a 6 AM flight to Florida to spend Christmas with their daughter and her hubby and 2 kids..won't be back until early January......part of the conversation was that my bro might call about Christmas day...
  So in the middle of me getting second meal ready a tad after 2 PM......phone rang and as predicted it was my bro.....apparently since their kids (3) are grow they usually go out for Chinese food on Christmas day.....for 2 reasons ........their family loves Chinese food and Chinese restaurants are just about the only ones open on Christmas day.....and despite my standing plans to celebrate Advent alone their son will be there......and plus I like Chinese food as well......plus it's been a few years since I've seen Aaron.....
  A tad after 3 PM..phone call to my bro at an end.....restarted prep for second meal...an open-faced sandwich......half of a focaccia roll, olive oil, grated hard cheese, and preserved artichokes.......also a few breaded shrimp, and a glass of ruby red grapefruit juice.....
  Now the real question of the day is or rather 3 questions:
"Where was I?"
"What was I doing"
"And Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment