Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 25, 2017

( listening to one of my You Tube mixes.......mostly classical/liturgical......)
  It's Christmas day and I need to get dressed to go out with my bro's family to an Oriental restaurant for Christmas dinner, has become a tradition in my bro's family since their kids have grown up.....
  But started this post now......will probably leave it as a "draft" and finish it when I return...
  Didn't get a whole lot of snow over night, but fairly strong winds, which drifted what snow we got and what was on the ground into interesting sculptures of white.......an example of nature's artistic abilities.....
  I haven't mentioned this before but today marks 2 months sober for me......didn't pick the date to stop drinking so a month fell on Christmas......just happened that way......although I had a bad 3 first days physically.......haven't really had any cravings as of yet (knock wood).....but have not been exposed to the opportunity to imbibe yet.......but we'll deal with that when it happens
( I have returned)
( Beethoven's "Christ on the Mount of Olives" now playing)
  Had a nice visit with Bro and his wife and their son.......is a lawyer who works for a "dot org" in NYC.......we went to an "all you can eat" Chinese buffet.......and I think their son took that name literally because boy can that kid pack the food away......reminds me of me several years ago......I now have the appetite and eating habits of a bird......I peck at small amounts of food, several times a day......
  Finally some decent TV....tomorrow AMC is showing the Godfather I & II, twice back to back, don't get me wrong I guess they have to play Christmas movies during the weeks running up to Christmas.....but I only wish there would show a decent flick once in awhile, during that period......Yes I know wishful thinking on my part...but ..........ah nuts.......(the mad on chuckles.....I beat you thought I'd type......oy vey)..It's times like this that I"m thankful for YouTube......I can watch and listen to what I want...
(returned again..."Nine Lessons and Carols" Kings College Choir 1999)
  For those who are new to this blog....I messed a little with the layout......again......a common occurrence...added an article to the column left and changed the fonts on the article "Origins".....nothing major but I will start to document all adjustments for my own edification....and it will happen again

No comments:

Post a Comment