Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 9, 2017

  I have two small refrigerators in my rooms and last night spend several hours defrosting them....I don't have a good reason for letting them get that much of a build up of ice before doing it.....I really should resolve to defrost on a regular basis......but somehow I doubt that I'll remember to do it more often.....
  Needed a few things so left the rooms for the first time in four days......with the snow we got (some where between 6"-8").....actually what I needed the most was to get out of my rooms......nice day....sunny...29*F....and little wind.....therefore windchill wasn't a factor..besides I'm starting my 71st winter.....and know how to dress for cold weather.......layered clothing.......a warm knit hat.....and a hoodie.....have several from light weight through a blanket lined Carhart jacket with hood.....and on a sunny day like today with all the fresh white snow everywhere sunglasses are a must......
  As to the walk......I live on the edge of a retail area...so most people drive......and only a few of us walk.....and some of the businesses don't do a very good job of clearing their sidewalks......I score the quality of the sidewalk condition on a 1 to 5 scale......1 is a cleared and reasonably dry ......all the way up to a 5 which stands for...forget about it and walk in the street......since the street I live on is one of the busiest in the city.......it's always well plowed and the traffic makes it clear how be it a tad wet....of course the down side is avoiding a rather unfriendly encounter with an SUV.....truth be told I'd lose in an exchange with Fiat 500......an although I did walk today when there was heavy traffic......I usually wait to do my shopping this time of year after 10PM..... once the stores close the traffic drops almost to nothing.....and the food market that I do most of my shopping at is only closed 36 hours a year ( 8PM Christmas Eve until 8AM on December 26th).......as to today's score card some of the sidewalks  were about a 1.5 but there were a few spots where it was into the street....definite 5 on the MadTrollie scale....  

No comments:

Post a Comment