Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

(for the first time since I'v been posting what I listen to while composing my posts.there is nothing playing in another window...however I'm listening to The Godfather Marathon on AMC)
   After complaining that there was nothing on the "Boob Tube" I wanted to watch.for the last 2 days AMC had not only the Godfather Marathon today......but a John Wayne Marathon yesterday....
  Only westerns and only 2 that I really like.."Rio Lobo" and "El Dorado" (I guess my spell check didn't take Spanish either).....actually my 5 fav Wayne pics one is a western "Fort Apache" the others are "Hellfighters"' "Hatari","Green Berets" and though he is only one star out of many..."The Longest Day".......but 2/7 I guess I shouldn't complain...but
  They showed "El Dorado" at 1030 PM (EST) and it finished at 1:30 AM (EST).....now the Godfather Marathon started a 9:00 AM (EST) this morning....and besides it was a Tuesday morning...which is the day housekeeping comings in and cleans my rooms..so I like to be up at or around 8:00 AM (EST) so the girls can clean my room first thing........OOPS!!.....rolled out of bed at 9:30 AM (EST).......
  Now the Marathon is on all day......and despite what I said about the weather (see early post today below) I decided that maybe today was my best chance at a walk....now my sis... bless her heart..gave me a pair of lined sweat pants......and my sis-in law (same blessing) gave me 4 pairs of thermal socks.....so I figured why put them to waste.....among other things I got some good olive oil, a nice bread in the french style ( a boule )...some yogurt.....some salami....but no bananas...I looked but all they had were either slightly over ripe, or bruised or were too many in a hand.....oy vey......
  So i thought I had spelled "boule" correctly but spell check disagreed.so I went to Google and the definition was a ball used for French lawn bowling but noticed a reference to Wikipedia for boule (bread)......(Boule_(bread)) ........now I must admit that in the never ending struggle Of MadTrolle vs. Spell check...normally spell check wins....but not today...I'll treasure this day for while...maybe the next 6 minutes.......there are times that I actually know the spelling of a word, but get the red line anyways.....but I have Essential Tremors.....and because of that I sometimes get extra letters or even clip a letter next to the one I wanted.....so yes I could be charged with the abuse of spell check..... 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment