Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, December 14, 2017

( music of J.S.Bach, The Well-Tempered Clavier in the background)
  As I sit here this morn I am contemplating what to get for launch and beyond..actually I'd like to walk to the local food market and get a few things but 2 rather important and negative factors make that a poor choice
  The first is I awoke this morning and check the temperature outside.....it's 4*F......but fortunately no wind to speak of so windchill is no factor...and I normally would just walk anyways....this is the start of my 52 winter in the icebox that the locals call "The Northcountry" .......several winters ago we had a day when the actual temperature was -55*F..add to that winds in excess of 50 MPH......the windchill was below -100*F...........and I used to work outside in the winter when the wind chill was in excess of -40*F.......over the years I've learned to dress properly for the extreme cold.....but today..no walk because the other factors
  Well actually just one other factor.....probably partially because of the weather conditions but I awoke this AM with knees that are quite stiff and sore.....I've had chronic tendinitis in both knees for at this point about 55 years.......and I've even had to resort to using my cane around my rooms......which I don't do very often......now if it was a warm day outside I might attempt the walk because the warmer weather conditions plus the exercise usually loosing up my offending joints.....besides I have some occasional balance issues so I never leave my rooms without my friend the cane..I call it "Ichabod Cane" ( yes I know a bad pun....but puns are supposed to be bad)
  So as we come towards the end of this ramble through the wilderness that is laughingly called my mind......based on the above looks like it's call for delivery....but before I go through all the possibilities I think for two reasons I will end this ramble:
A) this post is staring to verge on novella
B) I'd like to be alone when I contemplate food
( as Bugs Bunny would say "That's all folks)
( of course we know that Bugs is a lying con-rabbit so as a postlude)
  So I decided on Chinese delivery.....took maybe 2 minutes to chose between pizza, wings and Chinese......and another 30 minutes and several different options of what to get.....I ended it up with crab......chicken.....pork.....and beef....
( now "that's all folks")
( the mad one walks away with fingers crossed behind his back)

No comments:

Post a Comment