Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, December 4, 2017

  I had not intended to walk today....walked yesterday but discovered after the walk I was getting low on my bottle of ruby red grapefruit juice......but as that was all i might need.thought I could get away with waiting to walk Tuesday.........rain on Tuesday and then snow through Friday......so I thought the better choice was to take a quick walk to the dollar store and get some juice.....also got some olive oil, and a bag of ripple chips.........as I avoid when possible walking in the rain or snow for that matter.....the rain for obvious reasons..and the snow because I walk with a cane......and have balance issues...and it usually takes a few days for the sidewalks to be properly cleared....
  If I live to be 100 years old I will never understand the New York State sales tax code.....as in what is taxable and what isn't........the olive oil I bought is not taxed....but the grapefruit juice is taxable because it's not 100% juice, as it contains a sweetener...but ripple potato chips are nontaxable.......and that in a nutshell is why I'm confused......my only conclusion is that the potato chip lobbies have more pull with the state legislature, then the fruit juice companies......100 % juice is nontaxable but add sweetener and the state gets their 8%......
  But enough of my confused ranting.....since my walk have had a quiet day......a little surfing the net here, watching some videos on YouTube........my posting both here and FaceBook.....and a repast of one of my fav open faced sandwiches.....olive oil, garlic, grated Romano cheese, marinated artichokes, a dash of red pepper flakes, on a half of a focaccia roll.......
  Just a brief note: this is now and always will be from hence....my diary......sometimes just what I've done today or will do.......sometimes a commentary on what goes on around me.....sometimes biblical commentary...and just from time to time the raving rants of the MadTrollie...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment