Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 23, 2017

( the music of Hildegard von Bingen......playing  in another window)
  This lady was a Benedictine Abbess  who lived in Germany from 1098(?) to 1198, a very gifted lady in many different subjects, if interested you can find a bio of her here.......
  Most of the time I find music that I like by having heard it before.....but sometimes like the above..I went to my YouTube page and found it in the section "recommended"....apparently YouTube has a function that reads your typical saves and recommends similar content....mine usually contains old movies/TV series, and classical music with a slant to liturgical music......actually I had never heard any of her music or of her for that matter..a nice find.....thanx YouTube......not for everyone taste in music but I find it very pleasing....
  Another snowy, windy day here.....the storms of the last few days are not from the normal westerly direction but out of the north east......so the total snow fall will be around 12".....but there was some freezing rain for a while and although if it was just the snow I'd probably walk later.....have nothing I actually need..but there are a few things I'd like to pickup.........but under current conditions......a walk would be ill advised......

No comments:

Post a Comment