Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

(09:58 UTC-4)
(+73*F....partly cloud)
(Now Playing: Classical Music Radio (link)
   Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a morning person, and today was no exception, if any thing it was worse then usual....just couldn't get the old body going....logged on the internet...for my morning routine....check email, start the days play on the free games I play online, see what alerts I have on Facebook....I read and post to a group on Facebook for "boomers".....( I know from my hit stats that a majority of my readers are not from the USA or Canada so...."boomers" are a term used in the USA and Canada to refer to the generation that was born between 1/1/46 and 12/31/64)....Most of the posts are about growing up in the 50's and 60's.....a total different age both culturally, social, political, and technology was....well....there wasn't very much and what was, was in it's infancy....I was maybe 9 or 10 when we got our first TV....black and white....small....and 3 channels....So this morning I posted two pictures from the period, one was of the "Burma Shave" road signs that were along rural roads, and another picture of a rural barn painted with an advertisement....checked my alerts and got a notice that I had violated Facebook's spam protocols and my post had been removed....the barn picture....so I followed the procedure and checked "not spam"....they review....and allowed it and put it back up....and asked me what I thought about the procedure....I pick the middle icon....got a why....I responded with that I was confused considering the group's content....I would or my should have said "I'm farmisht"....but didn't....probably would of  been sent to Facebook jail for foul language....
  Not done yet....had planned a trip to Aldi's....on my walk my way was blocked by a construction crew that had parked their vehicle on the sidewalk....my only option was the street....maybe the busiest one in the small city I live in....so I got what I needed....on the way back...my sweat pants were riding down a little so tugged them up....reached for the strings to tighten them....no strings....it's then that I realized I had put my sweat pants on backwards....oy vey....like I said I'm not a morning person....
( have posted the pictures I mentioned above at the bottom of the blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment