Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, October 25, 2018

(10:03)
(+33*....cloudy)
(Now Playing: "NCIS" re-runs on the USA network)
   A cold day for Autumn, with wind chills below freezing....nothing requires me to walk today so if I do feel the need to walk....I'll do a little "hall walking"....same as mall walking  only I can do it without leaving the hotel I've lived in for over 7 years....a report on my addiction to Youtube....my subscription count on Youtube has now reached 301....
   A year ago today I made a big decision....which spawned a few new choices....and because all of the above my health is the best it's been in years....on this date last year was my first sober day in several years....I woke up to two empty bottle (vodka & bourbon)....first thought to take a walk and re-supply....second though "What the .... am I doing"....and I just quit....and yes had a physically nasty next three days....haven't had a drink since....have dreamed about drinking a couple of times but that doesn't count....after that I re-evaluated my diet....gone is my visits to a local diner, and "delivery"....and enter....more fresh fruit and raw veggies....more nuts and seeds....and meat as a flavoring not as the main component....my weight has dropped....and whether the diet or from the weight loss....my knees and feet have been much better....still the occasional soft off key dirge....but not as bad as it was....there were times that I needed two canes to get around....now I only use a cane when I'm out....I still have some balance issues....and besides I love "sporting" a cane....and after my last visit to the Doc's.....he said if things stay as they are he may take me off my meds....and the possibility of getting off the med with diuretic properties will insure that I keep on....keeping on....

No comments:

Post a Comment