Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

(16:17 UTC-4)
(+53*F....rain)
(Now Playing: "Sink the Bismarck" (link))
   It's been raining most of the day, it's predicted to be clear over night but beginning again tomorrow morning, and then rain through Saturday....ergo....I'll be in my rooms for the next couple of days....dry and warm....and very glad that tonight is Halloween....not that i pay any attention to it....haven'f for years....but I'm glad because many of the channels I watch on television have been airing nothing for the last few weeks but horror movies, and assorted monster films....dang even the Food Network has been airing Halloween related programming....and since for the next few days I will be forced indoors by the weather....the change comes in the nick-o-time....
   Although I'm in the process of moving....it's all under the same roof....literally....just from one building to another....and I have a month plus help too accomplish it....however on Sunday and until Spring you may notice that instead of "UTC-4".....on the time line I always post....it will be replace by "UTC-5"....the USA uses what is called "Daylight Savings Time".....we Spring forward....set the clocks an hour ahead....and then Fall back....and turn them back an hour....giving long daylight hours in the evening in summer....so I haven't moved but maybe 80 feet....not to a new time zone....I did some research before deciding to use that method....but it was easier then posting my time as EST (Eastern Standard Time) normally....and then EDST (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) when the clocks were set ahead for Summer....besides most of my readers don't reside in North America....and so UTC is more recognizable....

No comments:

Post a Comment