Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, October 12, 2018

(14:36 UTC-4)
(+49*F....mostly cloudy....wind speed 14 mph)
(Now Playing: "Hound of the Baskervilles"(1959)(link)
   The copy of the film playing is the Hammer Films classic with Cushing and Lee....I remember seeing this flix on television's late night movie when I was still in high school....
   Some may refer to today's weather with a series of negatives but I found it quite pleasant on my walk earlier....and as I walked to the west there was just one end of a very faint rainbow....had rained over night....just a few stops.....only worth mention is some new underwear shirts....tank tops....with the weather soon to be quite cold....the best defense is multiple layers of clothing....I have found by many years of wintering in a climate where the most common extreme is cold winters....with temperatures often below 0*F....coldest temperature I remember was -55*F....that multiple light layers are better against the cold than I thick layer....hence the purchase of some nice new shirts....I've lost a fair amount of weight....and the old ones (size X-large) were too loose....new ones are a size smaller (large)....(have added a link to a comparison chart of US sizes and other countries sizes....under "useful links"....on the left side bar) Spent sometime this afternoon, sorting through my clothes....putting the summer ones away and checking the condition of the cold weather ones....there maybe one or two things I will add.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment