Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

(20:00 UTC-4)
(+44+F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: "Gaudy Night" (link)
   It's rained on and off most of the day, but walked early, just a few things, but mainly to get a new cutting board....the old one which I've had for several years was getting pretty worn out....so decided it was time to replace it....and then intended to stay in the rest of the day....and play some of the online games that I play....I had logged in to both the poker and blackjack games I play, both "free" games....play is with game money, faux money....had logged on to both about 11:30 local time....and went back to play around 13:30 local and couldn't get them to load (sister games by the same provider)....this happened back a few months ago, to the poker game (before they introduced blackjack) apparently a server problem....on the other hand I've had games crash and come back, and also crash and never to be heard from again....but it does frustrate me to a greater or less degree based solely on the amount of time I've spent to improve my position in the game....I tend to be a very competitive person....and some would say that, that is an understatement....anyways....the rain stopped and I needed to get out for awhile and came up with some very sound excuses to "take a hike"....did need a few things for the pantry....but could have waited a day or two or even to the weekend....on the other I have always live by the motto...."Never do today what you can put of indefinitely"....but if you can't...."The Just Do it....NOW!!....besides if I don't do things when I think about them, more often they don't get done at all....it's not exactly that I have become forgetful with age but rather I have become and to some extent always have been bothered by distractions....I hate it when I'm interrupted in the middle of a task...even when i was working I'd be doing something and get interrupted....and when i finished taking care of what ever problem someone thought needed my immediate attention for....I would often stand there with a "Where Was I ?....What Was I Doing ?....And WHY!!....I carried a small cassette recorder....and would record things when I thought of them....but could take care of them at that precise moment....sometimes I used to and occasionally still feel like a juggler with too many balls in the air....I also went through post-it notes by the 100's....and now before this becomes a novella I will bid you good day....   

No comments:

Post a Comment