Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, October 22, 2018

(12:32 UTC-4)
(+41*F....rain showers)
(Now Playing" "NCIS" re-runs on the USA network)
   Was basically out of fresh fruit and veggies....and knew it might rain so wore my rain parka....and it did start to mist on my way back....a stop at Aldi....and a stop at Dollar General for a bottle of juice and some dry skin lotion....colder weather always gives me an issue with dry skin....
   Now when I'm at Aldi....I always see what nice cheeses they have....a nice assortment at fair prices....now I love me some good cheese....I'm not talking here about those wrapped slices of processed cheese....but the good quality types....I've tried almost every kind of cow and sheep's milk cheese I can find, but never have had goat's milk cheese....partially because of price....but mostly because it's a "soft" cheese and I prefer "hard" cheeses....but Aldi had a 4 oz. piece for 2$....about 1/2 of the price for the size else where....decided to try some....got one that was flavored with garlic and herbs....Just had my mid-day "scramble"....potatoes, the afore mentioned cheese and liquid egg white....and it was wonderful....and for those who have seen my running comments on my "scrambles" I have decided my quandary between the liquid eggs or just the liquid whites....and the winner is the liquid whites....also that the liquid whites and the goat cheese is a great match....

1 comment:

  1. Love goat cheese! There is a goat farm here that sells cranberry goat cheese and pumpkin goat cheese that is out of this world. I'll have to try the scramble with the garlic herb cheese and maybe add red bell pepper.

    ReplyDelete