Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, October 13, 2018

(15:00 UTC-4)
(+48*F....mostly cloudy)
(Now Playing: re-runs of "Star Trek the Next Generation" on BBC America)
   Have had an interesting day so far....I live on the north side of one of the busiest streets in this small city....the city calls it Arsenal St....but it's also State route 3....a major exit and entrance to the city....and I live right on the edge of the retail shopping area....both of the grocery stores are on the south side of the street so I have to cross it....now the city speed limit is 30 MPH....one of the problems is that the vast majority of drives see that 30 MPH limit not a limit but a suggestion that they chose to ignore....I always cross at a traffic light, in the designated crosswalk, and only on the walk light....problem is at one the right hand turn arrow comes on about a second after the walk light and that traffic must pass through the cross walk....the other similar problem, except it's a left turn....problem is too many drivers don't pay attention, and are either aware of, oh in their haste choose to ignore....that under New York State traffic law....if I cross in a designated cross walk on the walk light, I have the right of way....I get about a 1/3 of the way across the street and there a car about ten feet away from me....glaring at me....I was almost a hood ornament on a BMW....not the first time a similar event has occurred....actually hardly a week goes by....but oy gavalt....

No comments:

Post a Comment