Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

(12:03 UTC-4)
(+78*F....partly Cloudy)
(Now Playing: Mozart: Requiem in D minor (link)
   Although music has never been my vocation, it has been one of my avocations from a very early age....and my background is definitely classical....piano lessons as a child from a teacher who taught from the masters....took lessons on the French horn starting in 7th grade and played in a school band that played several classical pieces transcribed for concert band....and that's just the instrumental side....I have no idea why, but I hear melody....and I just can pick a harmony part, sometimes several, from a child....and was gifted with a strong high tenor voice....and very good pitch....have sang with several amateur choirs and choral groups....I love liturgical music, and the choral works of the Baroque and early classical period....and although age as diminished my physical skills....it is still my music of choice....thence the daily links are mostly classical....
   Got an early start to the day, awoke at a little after 5 AM local time....needed a few things from a local 24/7 grocery store....some sausage....ended up with a very good imported chorizo (dang I hate it when I know I've spelled the word right and spellcheck gives me the dreaded red underline....another foreign word added to the dictionary)....and a nice wedge of blue cheese, looked at the in-store bakery goods....but was too early....there's always another day....some of the chorizo ended up in my morning scramble....with just a sprinkle of adobo spice mix (dang another add to the dictionary)....the blogging software I use allows you to add words to the built-in dictionary....mine now contains among other adds: Latin, Yiddish, Spanish, and slang....

No comments:

Post a Comment