Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

(10:02 UTC-4)
(+52*F....rain)
(Now Playing: Classical Music Radio (link)
   About 21:30 last night it dawned on me that I hadn't posted to the slag heap I call my blog....took a look at my desktop....and then at my bed....and then turned off the lights and went to bed....first time in quite a while I haven't posted here....did post to "Trollie's Game Room"....and it wasn't because I didn't have anything to say, I've posted here when I have really had nothing that needed to be said and posted anyways....
(a brief pause while I claim some free game credits on Blackjack 21)
   The forecast for the whole day is intermittent rain, relative humidity at or near 100%, and temps in the mid-50s....in fact except for a couple of days, tomorrow being one of them....the forecast for the next two weeks looks pretty much like today's except a little warmer....but then if you've ever read this blog before, you are aware of my low esteem for the long term forecasts....or as an old farmer I knew years ago was fond to remark "weathermen are the only people that get paid for being right only 25% of the time"
(another brief pause while I claim some free game credits this time on a free Poker site where I play....drops happen every couple of hours....and no I don't get up during the night to take the drops....well unless I'm awake....)
   This is the time of year I start building up my pantry in anticipation of the approach of winter....I live in one of the "lake effect snow zones" in the USA, and because I also live near Canada....if the jet stream is in the right place (or in the wrong place depending on where you are at the time) we can get weather off Hudson Bay....for example I remember a day about 45 years ago, temperature was -55*F.....50 to 55 MPH winds....and a wind chill in excess of -100*F....and then in 1977 we got over 170 inches of snow in 8 days and about 280 inches of snow that winter....and being a gimpy,grouchy,old man....who can't always get out, or just won't get out in either of those extremes....I need a full pantry....and although the above examples are the extreme....we usually get a lot of snow, and -25*F with a wind chill around -40*F is not uncommon in winter....and all of that length prelude to that fact that next time I get out and about I'm going to get the supplies to cold pickle some garlic and perhaps make some cold dill pickles....
(dang....first novella in a long time....must check what it's done to my layout....good excuse to fiddle with it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment