Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

(11:28 UTC-4)
(+54*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: another mix off Youtube, mostly classical "Flash Mobs" (link)
   I've been recently engaged in mortal combat between myself and a hoard of tiny ants....I've heard them called, sugar ants, cotton ants, grease ants, but the one maintenance guy calls them piss ants....tiny little guys....but they bite....now the staff has sprayed outside against the outer walls, but there must be an internal source....in the darkness a queen lurks....up until now I've employed a physical approach to the issue....crushing them with whatever is available....I've been winning the battles but the war rages on....every morning more re-enforcement arrive....so I was determined to escalate the conflict....so on my morning walk I bought some ant traps....which if they function as advertised....the workers will carry some of the bait back to the queen and the queen dies....well we will see....and in the meantime continue my direct assault on the workers....
   There was a brief break in the weather yesterday....I was out of liquid egg, and had decided to pickle some garlic....but need garlic and a bottle of distilled white vinegar....so a quick dash to Aldi's and yes I did wear my rain gear....I had forgotten what a pain in the butt pealing garlic can be....especially with nice tight heads of garlic....but than they are the best for pickling....although I used only a small amount of the vinegar....some pickled onion and cucumber may still be in the offing....
   Now in the past, I've tried to keep on hand a store bought breakfast bowl....just in case I sleep past breakfast....and had one in the freezer....for a week or two and decided to use it rather then open the fresh pint of liquid egg....and free up some space....I have very limited freezer space....to my dismay the fresh made scrambles with the liquid egg have spoiled me....didn't even finish the whole bowl.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment