Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, February 25, 2019

(08:53 UTC-5)
(+20*F....+4*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the West at 21 mph)
(Now Playing: "Hornblower" episode 4 (link))
   The forecasts for the storm yesterday and today seems to have been a bit blown out of proportions....we did get winds in the 30 mph + range...but very light snow....but the manager of the establishment were I reside....lives south of here....and was late getting in this morning.....the wind was pretty bad and the visibility was poor....the only remnants of the storm were winds in the 30 mph range most of the day....I wanted to walk....but with the sustained winds and occasional gusts....this gimpy, grumpy old man with balance issues though that his best decision was to wait until the morrow when the winds are a more normal for the area....high teens and low 20's mph....an all to common condition up here....will be colder low teens w/ wind-chills around 0*F....but as I have written before....the cold I can deal with....no I'd rather not deal with it....but I know how to dress for it....and I needed to pickup a few things....but truth be told if I didn't need a few things....I'd probably manufacture an excuse to walk tomorrow anyways....provided that my knees aren't singing the mournful dirge....ergo....another quite day....did watch a little tube....NCIS re-runs on the USA Network....but past that....the usual games and surfing online....and seeing to my responsibilities as a moderator on a Facebook group....  

No comments:

Post a Comment