Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 22, 2019

(20:59 UTC-5)
(+29*F....cloudy....a light breeze out of the South at 1 mph)
(Now Playing: my day's mix off Youtube (link))
   Today was a great winter's day for a walk....so I walked....the sidewalks were still icy in spots....but the worst of it was avoidable....went to Aldi and the sidewalks were much better than Wednesday so I took the time to go to Big Lots....they didn't have the canned stuffed grape leaves I was hoping to find....should have bought both cans the last time I was there....but hadn't had that brand before....but as we'd say back in that day...."that'll learn ya"....stores like Big Lots, Ollie's and on some things Aldi's when you see something you think you might like buy it then....because it may be gone never to be seen again....but got a nice piece of Genoa salami....and a bottle of black Himalayan salt....I have regular sea salt (well right now what I have is also kosher)....pink salt....grey salt....and now black salt....not to mention a couple of salts mixed with hot peppers and/or herbs....I may eat quite simply....but I eat well....also got another toy for food prep....to the mortar and pestle, the garlic press, the micro plane....and a host of knives....I now have a knife sharpener.....oops forgot the blender....and the coffee maker....which I never use to make coffee....but tea and bouillon....which I never drink hot....but chilled....and least I forget a set of measuring spoons....and I'm sure I've forgot to mention something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment