Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 23, 2019

(21:54 UTC-5)
(+36*F....+29* w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the East at 10 MPH)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" of the day off Youtube(link))
   I truly wish that the National Weather Service would make up it's mind....now the warning is for blizzard conditions....still the possibility of high winds....but in all likelihood will be slightly below us up on Tug Hill....but any amount of snow....and according to The Weather Channel  hourly forecast....in the 25 to 30 MPH range is going to mean almost zero visibility....aka: "whiteout" conditions....but if we get the 4 to 8 inches as predicted....up here we won't call that a blizzard....takes more than a foot to even get our attention....
   Really didn't need to walk today....but didn't want to "waste" a "warm" winter's day....of course in this case is a relative term....with wind-chills and actual temperatures being in the single digits and dipping in to the -0's *F....mid-30's feels warm....besides the winds were listed at 2 mph....dang up here in the lee of Lake Ontario....winds have to be over 15 before were call it anything more than a stiff breeze....but to the walk I didn't need to take....actually I did need to take it....not for the purpose of buying anything....but for the sake of just getting out in the fresh air....have been thinking about getting crock-pot....people have been calling me a cracked-pot for years....so I crock-pot makes prefect sense for me....but seriously....which is hard for me to pull off....I love me a boiled dinner....and a crock-pot is just the thing to make one of those delightful meals....checked at Ollie's but they didn't have exactly what I wanted....but as/usual with that place...I check back in a few days and they might get some in....I know exactly what I want....and will wait til I find the right one....

No comments:

Post a Comment