Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

(20:35 UTC-5)
(+28*F....+19*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the South/South/East at 9 mph)
(Now Playing: "1776" (link))
   We have light snow and/or rain predicted overnight....according to the forecast temperatures should be in the mid 30's F tomorrow....it's about time....
   If I had waited until after noon it would have been warmer....but I walked just after 10:00 when the  wind-chill was still in the single digits....I needed some things at Aldi....but decided to keep a couple options depending on the conditions of the sidewalks....varied from clear to packed snow....and  in places icy patches....some under the snow....can be very tricky to traverse....got to the point were I could turn up to the bank....wanted to "hit" the ATM for some pocket money....also needed to move some money between accounts....and the side walk up that way was mostly dry and clear of ice/snow....so took the opportunity and got the cash and took care of of my accounts....and across the street toward Aldi's....where I could take the sidewalk to Big Lots....but it was hard packed snow over ice....now if I really needed what I was looking for....I would have gone....but I merely wanted it....as a back up....and for  once....I chose to abort....and headed into Aldi....Now I always prepare a detailed list of what I need....and more often than not I leave it on my work table....and did again today....but was only maybe 30 feet from my rooms....and remembered and went back and got it....and for once actually got everything on the list....of course a few other things ended up in my cart....but a successful trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment