Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 9, 2019

(19:47 UTC-5)
(+19*F....+9*F w/wind-chill....clear....south west winds....7 mph)
(Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube(link))
   The weather is finally getting back to a typical winter....temperature tomorrow is expected to be in the mid-20's....and snow forecast for mid week....and some rain later in the week and on the week end....although it was much colder this morning....(+17*F....+2*F w/ wind chill)....decided to walk than....the temperature didn't start to rise until near dark....and with the  chance there would still be some slippery spots left over from the ice storm just past....plus far less traffic to be concerned with....walked just after 09:00....besides Aldi was on the addendum....and they open at 09:00.....
   Now if you've read this blog before you might thing I'm a bit crazy when it comes to cheese....and  you'd be wrong....I'm absolutely bonkers when it comes to cheese....I really like the "funky" taste of goat cheese....but most goat cheese is a "soft" cheese....and I really don't care for the "mouth feel" and working with it can be quite messy....so  was digging around the cheese section at Aldi....and saw a package of goat's milk cheddar....it's got a milder but still funky taste....and is halfway between a soft and a hard cheese....used some with my egg white dish for 2nd meal....very nice....but since it's in the seasonal section....will check back next time I'm there....and if they still have it....buy another....for "backup".....
   Besides I had been in my rooms for three straight days....because of first about 4 feet of snow, and then the ice storm.....now I really love and enjoy my rooms....but in good weather I walk outside most days....if not on errands....just around the lawns....or to one of the 3 ponds in the area....we are visited every spring and summer with several kinds of migratory birds....and many Canada Geese....hatch and raise their goslings in the area....one of the "nurseries" is about 25 yds from my backdoor and I spend time watching them grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment