Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 17, 2019

(19:32 UTC-5)
(+18*F....+6*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....wind from the northeast at 10 mph)
(Now Playing: Brahms "A German Requiem" (link))
   Was a pleasant winter's day....and continue so for the next couple of days, some light snow is probable....and turn warm mid-week and beyond....march is approaching ....and with it most years warmer weather....but in these parts you can never really....I've seen significant snowfall as late as early may....and years ago when I played golf...there were years that I was able to play as early as the last week of March...but the long term predictions look promising (knock wood)....
   Had a nice lunch with my brother and his wife....they're leaving Wednesday to spend about a month on the gulf coast of Florida....they've been doing that for the last few years....both are retired school teachers....and although none of their three kids still live in the area....they do have ties to the area....and from what they have no plans to move there....my sis and her husband just moved to a retirement community in Florida....but do have plans to get a small place in the area....
   As for me....I've spent my whole life....save for 9 semesters in college....either in the "lake effect snow area" off Lake Erie or Lake Ontario....and have no plans to move south....I'd miss the seasons....but as my brother pointed out....as I live in a hotel....dealing with the snow....that is the removal of the snow....is no longer my problem....if my living situation was different and I was responsible for that job....I might have a different opinion on changing locations.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment