Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

(19:34 UTC-5)
(+23*F....+10*F w/wind-chill....winter/mix (snow/sleet)....east winds at 16 mph)
(Now Playing: a mix off Youtube (among other pieces several classical "flash mobs"(link)
   The winter mix which could be any combination of snow/sleet/rain/freezing rain is to continue through 23:00 local time and then change to all snow through out most of Wednesday....Thursday looks clear....but Friday is forecast for rain changing to snow....and since it's doubtful that the clean up will be complete Thursday....looks like it'd just me....my warm cozy rooms and the internet and/or the "old boob tube" until at least the weekend....but I am well supplied for longer then that....except for bananas....but have other fresh & dried fruit....so at least I'll eat well....and there always is delivery....and yes I am heartless....I won't venture out....but I'll order delivery....and I tip well....
   I am very thankful that being retired....I no longer have to deal with the snow and the cold on a daily basis....that is someone else's problem....not mine....but for many years (when still working) it was my problem....I ran a very busy shipping/receiving/warehousing department in a local factory....which included 40,000 square feet of un-heated warehouse....and at times in the winter the "indoor" temperature was as low as -25*F....but I learned very quickly how to dress for the conditions....but I'm very glad I no longer have to deal with the weather....except on my own terms....

No comments:

Post a Comment