Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

[21:30 UTC-5]
[+9*F....-5 w/wind-chill....light snow....winds out of  the North/East at 12 mph]
[Now Playing: another mix off Youtube[link]
   Even though the temperature during the day was much like yesterday when I walked made the decision to put off the walk I had planned until tomorrow or maybe even Friday or the weekend when the temperatures will be warmer....but this time of year warmer is a very relative term....not warm as in 70*F warm....but warmer as in "just not so dang cold".....nothing I planned to pickup was critical....and the walk was much longer, partially because of the snow banks from plowing have rendered my "short cuts" impassible....so today has been a quiet day, a warm, cozy, restful day in my rooms....the weather reports call what we are getting snow....but it's hardly perceptible....I doubt that there are more that 2 dozen tiny flakes in a cubic yard of air....the size of head of a pin....and a small pin at that....and virtually no accumulation....up here we hardly give any accumulation under 12 to 15 inches a second thought....
   Typical quiet day spent on line....keeping up with Facebook....I have a twitter account I haven't used in probably two years....get daily alerts in e-mail which I promptly consign to the trash bin....but haven't cancelled it....may have need of it....but have no idea how or why....G+ is going away....haven't used that in quite awhile....it will not be missed....I used to post occasionally to a poetry site....but as I haven't felt the muse of late....haven't posted to my poetry blog either....but that's more of just a convenient place to "store" my poems....have thought about making it a private site....but it's really not worth the effort....it rarely gets a "hit" anyways....which is okay with me....  

No comments:

Post a Comment