Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 2, 2019

(20:34 UTC-5)
(+28*F...."feels like" +21*F....cloudy....winds out of the west at 6 mph)
(Now Playing: another mix off Youtube(link))
   It has warmed up considerably....forecast is for rain late Sunday through Tuesday with high temperatures in the mid-40's F....the weather this winter has been just plum crazy....
   But really wanted to walk today but was on the horns of a dilemma....did I walk early when it was single digits with the wind-chill below zero....or wait til mid-afternoon when the temperature would be much as it is now....I knew the route I would take to Price Chopper and also knew that parts of the sidewalk would not be sufficiently cleared for me to pass....and I'd have to walk in the very busy street....but if I walk just after 08:00....it would be cold....but far less traffic....I know how to dress for the cold....been doing that for years....but as I get older, and less mobile....I don't dodge SUVs well at all....ergo....I bundled up....and walked early.....Price Chopper has a much better select of root veggies....than Aldi....intended to get parsnips and purple top turnips....but also got a head of garlic....spotted some golden beets, decided to try one....and next to them a a head of sweet baby cabbage....now I grew up in a german/polish community....and we love our cabbage....but since I cook for one and have limited storage....a normal size head of cabbage is way to much....but this is just the right size....also in the meat cooler spotted some pure pork, pre-cooked Italian sausage....they don't always carry it....and I always grab it when they do....also picked up a couple single serving packs of tuna....in olive oil....and know the trend now is to package tuna in water....but I grew up on the oil packed variety...and prefer it....besides this is packed in olive oil....my oil of choice....a very successful trip....and didn't even have to play matador with an SUV....good thing because I left my cape and sword at home....and a sling bag and a cane just aren't the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment