Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 16, 2019

(21:31 UTC-5)
(+17*F....partly cloudy....winds out of the n/n/e at 3 mph)
(Now Playing: "The Six Napoleons" a Sherlock Holmes adventure (link))
   The weather seems to have calmed down for awhile and the next few days are predicted to be in the mid-20's F during the day....and maybe just some light snow....basically a very normal Northcountry winter....
   Decided to go to Aldi this morning just needed a few things....but got looking at some of there cheeses and saw a wedge of fontina cheese....never had it before but from watching the Food Network I know that it is a semi-soft cheese that melts well....and since I usually put one or more types of cheese in my microwave egg white dishes....and I like to use at least one cheese that melts well....I thought that it might be a welcome addition to what is becoming a rather large selection of different cheeses....and after the first usage of it for my 2nd meal dish....it definitely is a "keeper"....about the 2nd meal egg dish....made a little more than I wanted at the time....so decided to have it later....now a while back I had bought a bottle of onion gravy for use with potatoes....and thought maybe it would go with the warmed up egg dish....and it was quite enjoyable....another idea to file away for further use....
   Had a call from my brother earlier and he and his wife are headed to sunny Florida for about a month....we chatted for awhile and will get together for lunch tomorrow....   

No comments:

Post a Comment