Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 8, 2019

(19:24 UTC-5)
(+22*F....+6*F w/ wind-chill....cloudy....winds from the west at 226 mph)
(Now Placing: "Julius Caesar" Shakespeare play (link))
   Has been a very windy day....we got a little snow....and with the wind the visibility was restricted....but I had chosen not to go out today because of the wind....besides the weather for the next 3 days will be mild by comparison to the weather over the last several days....just average winter days....and actually I could do what errands/shopping any of the 3 days....but Saturday or Sunday would suit me better....I'll just keep an eye on the hourly forecast and pick my spot....or perhaps 2 or three spots....we'll have to see how things work out....
   I was talking to one of the handymen here....and he mentioned that they had had an inspector go through....and it reminded me of a conversation I had several years ago with the Major that was the commander of the Air Force detachment at Fort Drum....( he later was the commander of the Air National Guard squadron out of Syracuse....F-16's....the "Boy's from Syracuse" but that's another story for another day)....Both he as the unit commander and I as the material supervisor at the plant I worked in had to endure inspections....my by the building, safety, and OSHA inspectors....but we both used the same tactic....you knew that try as you might....the inspector would find somethings wrong....if they didn't then in the eyes of there bosses they weren't doing their job....so both of us would always deliberately leave a few things...easy to find....and even easier to put right....because if you didn't....they would "split hairs" and write you up for something that would be difficult and/or time consuming to put right....I often wondered whether or not they knew what we were doing....????....   
      

No comments:

Post a Comment