Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 3, 2018

(10:36 AM UTC-5)
(+32*F.......+23*F w/windchill)
( a "Hornblower episode)
  The storm that rolled up the east coast more or less missed us.....we got somewhere between a trace and a dusting......maybe 2" and that's giving it the benefit of the doubt...but I'm told it is a tad slippery.....and I'm hoping that the temperature will raise enough so the snow on the sidewalks will melt.....I'd really would like to walk....need a few things.......the most important being the walk itself....
  I sit here today a tad frustrated....years back when singing with a contemporary gospel group we sang a worship song "Yes Lord".....well one of my musical gifts is that I hear harmony parts......in this particular case I heard a rocking bass vocal part......now I was (voice is gone).......high tenor by trade...or a 2nd soprano w/falsetto....but I also with the use of pedal tones could "fake" a bass part......a type know back in the days of early rock as an "idiot bass".......now there were those who would say that I faked the bass part.....but not the idiot part...that I came by naturally.....that not withstanding....I searched Youtube for the song....I found gospel, rock, spiritual, and even the song backed by a big band......but not one with the bass harmony part that I not only heard but sang many times.....now I can't believe I'm the only one who ever heard that harmony line.....so I'll keep on searching.....maybe like the group I sang in it was never recorded.......    

No comments:

Post a Comment