Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 12, 2018

(8:52 PM UTC-4)
(+33*F.....+26*F w/wind chill)
("Gaudy Night")
  One of my dear old dad's sayings, and he had a bucket full of them, was "If you don't have it in your head, you have to have it in your feet".....when I went shopping this morning I checked everything but 2 things....1) the weather forecast for the next few days: and 2) How much salad greens I had left and their condition....so as I went about fixing my evening meal. my salad greens were pretty much gone, both in quantity and quality.....so checked the weather forecast and discovered from overnight tonight to Thursday AM we are under yet another winter snow advisory....with up to 14" of snow predicted, the bulk of it will probably fall on Tug Hill to the south and the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains to the east, but then a slight shift of the wind.......and you never know....so off I went again, a bag of salad greens, a small boule, and a chocolate cherry ice cream sundae......In my defense the sundae was marked down on the value card....

No comments:

Post a Comment