Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 26, 2018

(8:15 AM UTC-4)
(+24*F...w/wind chill +20*)
(Handel: complete "Te Deum")
  It was my original intention to walk about 9AM this morning, a shopping trip over to Aldi, but after checking the forecast I discovered that if I wait until noonish the temperature should be in the mid 40s....now I've walked on days that were considerably colder then what it is right now......but my mommy didn't raise any fools....so will delay my quest for food until later.......after checking the forecast for the coming week looks like highs in the mid 40s all week...now I don't want to jump the gun, check that, I'd really like to jump the gun and say that Spring is about to sprung.....but I've lived up in the Northcountry way too long to be optimistic about when spring weather will appear.....now I have seen some of the early signs of spring....geese and the flying rats (aka:seagulls).....I remember years ago playing my first round of golf one year on the last weekend of March.....but then I also remember 15" of snow on mother's day.....but then up here sometimes April Showers come down in frozen form....  

No comments:

Post a Comment